one woman's journey toward the city of light ... and all the random stops along the way

jeudi, novembre 24, 2005

merci

This morning, my friend and I ran a 5K "Trot for Hunger" organized by S.O.M.E. (So Others Might Eat). It's a great event supporting a worthy cause. I've decided to make this my new Thanksgiving Day tradition.

The run helped me reflect on all of the things for which I am grateful...a list far too long to post here. It's enough to say that I've come along way in this world. Who would have thought that this skinny little girl from inner city L.A. would end up where she is today?

So I want to say thanks to everyone who's been there for me along the way--God, family, friends, teachers, students, colleagues... supporting me, encouraging me, challenging me, and humbling me.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.